satirious

Mar 15, 2021
Which I accept the first time but making repeated mistakes and not learning or adapting while still walking towards the big bad everyone else is terrified of isn't a good look on them. When the first big incident happens they even mention having a sentry duty at night then proceed to not have one nor mention it ever again.

Especially when Hannah and Skylar seem to have picked theirs up pretty quickly meanwhile their fighter can't fight, their mage can barely do magic, the girl we know can sense magic and has done so a few time already walks straight into the middle of a fairy portal, their cleric has done 1 solitary thing and that's heal an arm.

Yet not a single one of them has said "you know what, we kinda suck at this, maybe we should train a bit before we give the most powerful being in the realm a bunch of easy kills and hand over the very thing she needs"....
You forgot the best part of all...

They suck because they are new and have one more release to =
-Free themselves
-Get Gud
-Reach their destination
-Survive
-Have an ending that makes sense if you have brain cells

I'll be the first to admit that I was roped in by early effort and potential. I read into what was suggested and hinted at. Only to learn it was a lot of sizzle with no steak.

Belgrath19

Oct 28, 2018
The game remembers the settings, always did.
Not on Fedora it doesn't, Maybe it does on windoze?
The magic bit is explained in the game, his true potential is connected to his emotional state, you can't practice that.
Emotional state is some you try to control or trolls will get you raging and beat you up in real life.
As for Bailey, seriously? Girl is a 100 pounds soaking wet, and you want her to fight fucking orcs?
You don't fight do you or work in security??? The smaller ones can be faster and my not take down an Orc alone but a spare dagger and the orc's looking in 2 direction. And it Will cost the Orc.

Because contrary to when they're playing the table-top version, they're in a 'real-world' environment.
An archer doesn't just Know how to shoot an arrow from the start or stop practicing after hitting a bulls eye.
Without much of any real experience other that what they know from the game and what they're supposed to be able do at the level of their game characters, they wouldn't automatically assume to have all spells/skills associated with a higher level.
Who said anything about high levels? They know their characters and Bailey would likely be first level. But you can try her on a higher spell because she has no character sheet to look at and find her limits?
Uh... what? Come on, they just discovered she has some skills. How much and to what extent, they haven't got a clue, she is basically still a level zero.
Besides, you're really going to depend on her being able to use those skills in the thick of a fight with zero experience in using said skills and not even knowing which ones she has?
That's the point, Create water is a spell to get her confidence up using magic while at the camp fire.

Guy's I'm not knocking the game, I'm trying to point out things that could help.

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Uh... what? Come on, they just discovered she has some skills. How much and to what extent, they haven't got a clue, she is basically still a level zero.
Who said anything about high levels? They know their characters and Bailey would likely be first level. But you can try her on a higher spell because she has no character sheet to look at and find her limits?
*Adjusts nerd glasses*

If we reference we can see that Air Walk is a 4th level spell for Druid and if we check the class features table, they gain access to 4th level spells at 7th level. So clearly Bailey is at least 7th level. :geek:

I'm mostly joking since it only roughly mirrors the game, but honestly I see her more like when a friend joins a campaign halfway through. You aren't going to start them at level 1 when everyone else is level 10. Of course, it might take a while for them to figure out what all they have access to in their character sheet and when/how to use it...

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerWolfe

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
If we reference we can see that Air Walk is a 4th Druid spell and if we check the class features table, they gain access to 4th level spells at 7th level. So clearly Bailey is at least 7th level. :geek:
Assuming she's a druid at all... She COULD be a Disney princess. :p

• Haha
Reactions: Rehwyn

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Yeah, the game they play in Between Two Worlds. :p
Was it actually referenced as being a Pathfinder campaign? I'll admit it's been so damn long since I first played that part that I've completely forgotten.

Much better than the dumpster fire hasbro has turned its papa into.
I mean...you're not wrong, I guess...

I haven't actually done any D&D since early 4th edition.

Edit : And honestly, the last time I really had a lot of FUN was playing a Cleric in 3E. I...may have kinda broken the game with that guy... I mean, sure, I may have called a few of my party members glorified pack mules, but I don't think that was cause to throw a bowl of doritos at me.

Last edited:

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Was it actually referenced as being a Pathfinder campaign? I'll admit it's been so damn long since I first played that part that I've completely forgotten.
Yes, it's 100% a Pathfinder 1st edition campaign. They even have rulebooks included in some renders.

Edit: On an aside, our group has switched over to Pathfinder 2nd edition for our most recent campaign and really like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerWolfe

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
That's pretty old school. Earliest edition I played was 2nd before moving to 3, 3.5, PF1, and now PF2.
That's my fantasy d20 path too although to get to play pf2e I have to run... We have a diehard 5e only lameo in our group and I finally had to say no mas 5e with me (play it if you want but I'm sitting out those sessions) Now we're doing throw back Vamp and PF1E

Reactions: Rehwyn

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
My old group (I'm like 15° of latitude away from them now) is *still* playing 1st ed - or so I'm told. :)
I think I still have my original 1st rulebook and monster manual (the red ones) around...somewhere...

Speaking of which they "confirmed" the fighter on the cover was female recently. Because apparently that was a big deal for...someone.

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023
Not on Fedora it doesn't, Maybe it does on windoze?
Very strange. I've not seen any issues with any of the platforms, including Ubuntu. You might want to check perms on your system. It sounds like Ren'Py might be having some trouble writing the file that stores the game's persistence.

4.40 star(s) 61 Votes