Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

chingishan

Dec 21, 2020
Is there still a community on discord that has guides on Studioneov2 and hs2? I'm struggling with a couple of things, and tutorials here are incomplete.
There are some tutorials on the Illusion Soft discord, but I have no idea whether they are complete and will help you. If you have a group with tutorials, I'd love to join.

El' Capitan

Nov 29, 2023
There are some tutorials on the Illusion Soft discord, but I have no idea whether they are complete and will help you. If you have a group with tutorials, I'd love to join.
We have a few tutorials so far... :)
As a result of the locking of the Honey Select Card Sharing thread, I have started my own sharing Discord. With time, effort, and us, it will grow...

Albion242

May 11, 2024
The invite in the thread to the illusion soft discord doesn't work anymore. So I have no clue how to join it.

BeauCaddel

Dec 18, 2021
I'm a complete noob to anything Studio Neo and am confused. Went to make a scene and no dick? Looked for a tutorial and it mentioned needing hooh's stuff. Looked for hooh's stuff and their patreon is gone. Am I screwed? Or what am I missing?

chingishan

Dec 21, 2020
I'm a complete noob to anything Studio Neo and am confused. Went to make a scene and no dick? Looked for a tutorial and it mentioned needing hooh's stuff. Looked for hooh's stuff and their patreon is gone. Am I screwed? Or what am I missing?
A regular penis is turned on in Studioneo separately, I'll take a screenshot of you in a moment, but the one from Hooh actually works better. Don't look at my censorship, because I'm reinstalling hs2, something still doesn't work with my penis hooha, I'm probably doing something wrong. In yellow you have marked where you turn on the penis.

PS:
Hooh's penis is definitely in this package from the link, I downloaded some package from 2022 because I didn't have that much disk space.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeauCaddel

chingishan

Dec 21, 2020
Hi So yes , I installed everything from scratch and the penis texture from hooh works for me , but I have a question how exactly to match the skin color to the penis? Do I have to do it completely manually or is there some other way to do it.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Hi So yes , I installed everything from scratch and the penis texture from hooh works for me , but I have a question how exactly to match the skin color to the penis? Do I have to do it completely manually or is there some other way to do it.
Select the penis, then the Anim button. You'll get a menu with options for color. You can get pretty close just adjusting greyscale. For other instances you'll have to play around with the actual colors. It's almost impossible to get a perfect color match though. In my experience you can get it close in one view but as soon as you shift perspective it looks glaringly off. Another solution is to give the char pubes either in the char creator stage (they're in the accessory options) or else in studio using the find it tool.
You can also do some tweaking using the material editor in studio. I've noticed dropping the glossiness helps with color matching too.

Noa69

Feb 13, 2018
Hi guys...
Is there any thumb or pinky ring mod? I know we can attach adv parent bones to regular rings. But when the character moves the ring also jumps haha looks weird. So is there any modder making thumb rings? Thanks.

Oh nvm, Turns out I just attached it to the wrong bone lol. Now the ring doesn't bounce around anymore XD.

Last edited:

bloombaboon

Jul 12, 2024
1. Is there really nothing better than BP5 with maybe Hooh's scripted dick? They are not useless but don't look that great and are extremely finicky. Like Hooh's model doesn't seem to react to point lights properly, the length might as well be random etc, and colliders in general kinda suck.
In case there is not, the only alternative I see is to hand-animate all of the bones. Probably on a rig prepared for that, and hopefully with some external generative programming on top. Anyone did anything like this? Oh, I'm not interested in using the stock animations in general, it's for custom studio scenes.

2. I'd love to see a guide on how Uncensors work, how to modify existing ones, or how create one from scratch. I expect this to be a ton of hard work, but I'd love to know the process. I know how to unpack, rip and create a basic zipmod, I probably can learn how to create new assets in Unity.

3. Are there any docs on how different shaders work with textures? I exported MainText from a skin mod and I was baffled to see the entire texture with alpha set to 100% (took some time to figure this out). Then skin overlay basically ignores the alpha channel, and underlay does something I don't understand yet.

Eicosa

Jun 1, 2018
Does anyone know what might have wiped some of the base-game animation groups from Studio?
It randomly happened one day where i loaded a scene and it said it couldn't find the required anims, but they all used to be there in category 0 "Character". It now only has one group, "Basic" which contains a single anim, "T-Pose". All my other anim categories seem normal

genericNeet

Jul 6, 2022
is there a way to manually change the resolution selection that appears on the launcher? Like a file with the info that could be edited. It doesn't show the correct resolution for my screen, I know I can change it from the plugin menu, but it would be cool to just start it on the correct one.
SS.png

chingishan

Dec 21, 2020
[CYTAT="cptboofy, post: 14857970, członek: 5580361"]
Wybierz penisa, a następnie przycisk Anim. Pojawi się menu z opcjami kolorów. Możesz uzyskać całkiem dobre dopasowanie, po prostu dostosowując skalę szarości. W innych przypadkach będziesz musiał pobawić się rzeczywistymi kolorami. Jednak uzyskanie idealnego dopasowania kolorów jest prawie niemożliwe. Z mojego doświadczenia wynika, że można uzyskać to w jednym widoku, ale gdy tylko zmienisz perspektywę, wygląda to rażąco źle. Innym rozwiązaniem jest nadanie łonowym włosom albo na etapie tworzenia wzoru (znajdują się w opcjach akcesoriów), albo w studiu za pomocą narzędzia Znajdź.
Możesz też trochę popracować, używając edytora materiałów w Studio. Zauważyłem, że obniżenie połysku pomaga również w dopasowaniu kolorów.
[/CYTAT]
Thank you for answer :)

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
is there a way to manually change the resolution selection that appears on the launcher? Like a file with the info that could be edited. It doesn't show the correct resolution for my screen, I know I can change it from the plugin menu, but it would be cool to just start it on the correct one.
View attachment 4061974
Userdata/setup.xml or F1 menu, graphic setting (not to be confused with graphic plugin setting).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: genericNeet

genericNeet

Jul 6, 2022
Userdata/setup.xml or F1 menu, graphic setting (not to be confused with graphic plugin setting).
Editing the xml file doesn't seem to do anything, so I guess I'll just stick to changing it from the plugin menu at start

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote